Student Transfer Request Assessment Policy
This policy applies to all students enrolled in courses at Future Academy Pty Ltd.
- Overseas students are restricted from transferring from their principal course of study for a period of six months. This restriction also applies to any course(s) packaged with their principal course.
- Students can apply for a letter of release to enable them to transfer to another education provider. Students are requested to complete an Application for Withdrawal Form.
- Future Academy will only provide a letter of release to students in the first six months of their principal course in the following circumstances:
- The student has changed welfare and accommodation arrangements and is no longer within a reasonable travelling time of the school;
- It has been agreed by the school that the student would be better placed in a course that is not available at Future Academy;
- There are no unpaid course fees for the current study period;
- Any other reason stated in the policies of Future Academy.
- Future Academy will NOT provide a letter of release to students in the first six months of their principal course in the following circumstances:
- The student’s progress is likely to be academically disadvantaged;
- Future Academy is concerned that the student’s application to transfer is a consequence of the adverse influence of another party;
- The student is under 18 years of age and there is no written evidence that the student’s parents support the transfer; or no written confirmation that the new provider will accept responsibility for approving the student’s accommodation, support and general welfare
- In order to apply for a letter of release, students must have:
- Written evidence that the student’s parent(s)/legal guardian supports the transfer (if the student is under 18);
- A letter from the receiving provider that a valid offer of enrolment has been
- Students under 18 years of age MUST also have;
- Written confirmation that the new provider will accept responsibility for approving the student’s accommodation, support, and general welfare arrangements from 7 days after the student’s official last day at Future Academy, where the student is not living with a parent(s)/legal guardian or a suitable nominated relative; or
- Evidence that the student is always in DIBP approved welfare and accommodation
- All applications for transfer will be considered within ten (10) working days and the applicant notified of the
- Students whose request for transfer has been refused may appeal the decision in accordance with the Future Academy Complaints and Appeals Policy. The policy is available on the School’s
- An application for student transfer/letter of release is to be made using the Application for Withdrawal form. This form can be accessed from the School’s website.
- The following must accompany the application form:
- A Letter of Offer from the institution to which the student wishes to
- If the student is under 18 years of age and not in the care of a parent or suitable nominated relative, the Letter of Offer must also show that the institution will accept responsibility for approving accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements for the
If there are any gaps between school approved accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements, details of any DIBP approved interim arrangements should be provided.
If the student is 18 years of age, a letter from their parents indicating that they give their permission to transfer.
- The application must he submitted online here.
- The application will be considered within ten (10) working
- The student will be advised in writing of the outcome of their